11 Aralık 2013 Çarşamba


Hıdiv Pavilion

The Hidiv (Khedive) Kasrı was built by Delfo Seminati, an Italian Architect, on the ridge of coppice forest of Çubuklu, Istanbul in 1907. It covers a total area of 1000 square meters and is in an “art-nouveau” style. When Egypt gained its independence from the Ottoman Empire, Abbas Hilmi Paşa, (the khedive of Egypt), the last Ottoman governor of Egypt, was dismissed from his position as khedive after an interview with Sultan Mehmet Reşat V., the 35th Ottoman Sultan and the son of Sultan Abdülmecid. Abbas Hilmi Paşa then settled in the Hidiv Kasrı with his family in Istanbul.

In the center of the main entrance of the Hidiv Kasrı, there is a marble fountain. Connections among pavilion’s hall draws a circle around the pool and the circle is only being cut (stop) in the entrance hall. The ceiling of Kasır is covered by stained glass.
The two large bedrooms have panelled walls, inner toilets, and bathrooms placed on the entrance floor. The circle-line shaped section of the hall and fireplace on this floor draw the attention of visitors. In additon, visitors can view a portion of the Bosphorus from the pavilions watchtower. The tower is the most popular section of the kiosk because of its view over the Bosphorus. One can access the terrace either by an elavator or by stairs.

After the Khedive of Egypt left Istanbul in the 1930s, Hidiv Kasrı was purchased by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality.  However, it was rarely used between the years of 1937 and 1982 but was used as a movie set at times. However, movie makers were very inconsiderate to the pavilion, as they broke the stained glass windows  in an attempt make more light for their movies. The restoration process was started by the Touring and Automobile Association of Turkey (TURING) in 1982. After two years of restoration works, the Hidiv Kasrı was reopened in 1984 as a hotel, restaurant, and cafeteria.

Aynalıkavak Pavilion

The building, which has been decorating the coast of the Golden Horn since 17th century and which is today known as Aynalikavak Pavilion, is the only remaining sample from the group of buildings known as “Aynalikavak Palace” or “Tersane Palace” during the Ottoman Period. The historical references reveals that the territory was also a resting place belonging to emperors during the Byzantine period. This big coppice, which attracted the interests of Ottoman sultans after the conquest of İstanbul by Fatih Sultan Mehmed (1444-1481), was started to be named as “Tersane Hasbahçe” owing to the Ottoman Shipyard constructed at the territory. The earliest buildings on the territory date back to the reign of Fatih Sultan Mehmed and the first pavilion, which is certainly known to be constructed, dates to the reign of Sultan Ahmed I (1603-1617). This group of buildings, which has developed with the pavilions constructed by sultans in the course of historical process and which was also called as “Tersane Palace”; has been named as “Aynalikavak Palace” beginning from the 17th century. Aynakilavak Pavilion, which takes place within the body of palace and which is estimated to be constructed during the reign of Sultan Ahmed III (1703-1730) underwent an extensive restoration process during the reign of Sultan Selim III (1789-1807) and was rearranged and gained its today’s appearance. Aynalikavak Pavilion, the only remaining building from the earlier periods among the National Palaces which mainly consist of palaces, kiosks and pavilions of 19th century is extremely privileged with its traditional architecture and decoration features. On a frieze around the top of the windows of Divanhane and of Composition Room, the verses of the famous poets of the term, Şeyh Galib and Enderûni Fâzıl, praising the Pavilion and Selim III, were inscribed by the calligrapher Mehmed Esad El Yesari in talik script. The pavilion which is one of the last and outstanding buildings of classical Ottoman Structure with its two storey body ? facing the sea and one storey body facing the land, also reflects the taste of its age in terms of decoration and it incorporates many elements of the culture of the period of the composer Sultan Selim III. As characteristics of the period, Its top windows covered with revzens, its roofs with large eaves, fitted sedirs within the interior decoration, braziers which were the traditional way of heating, all demonstrate appearances of a past lifestyle which has disappeared today. The ground floor of Aynalilavak Pavilion, which was opened to visit on November 5th, 2010 upon completion of restoration and furnishing works, was refurnished as a museum in which historical Turkish musical instruments are exhibited in accordance with the artistic and musical personality of Sultan Selim III. 

Beykoz Pavilion

The construction of Beykoz Pavilion started by the order of Mehmed Ali Pahsa, Governor of Egypt in 1845 and upon his death completed in 1854 by the order of his son as a present to Sultan Abdülmecid who used to go Beykoz Çayırı and Tokat Promenade on the hills of Hünkar İskelesi. As it was dedicated to Sultan Abdülmecid, it’s also called Mecidiye Pavilion. It’s situated on the top of a grove park with a landscape design of layered terraces beginning from the seaside. In its early days Sultan was used here as a short time residence while riding in the area, but later foreign statesmen and ambassadors were received there. Although it was meant to be an imperial building because of its uptown location and pleasant weather it was assigned for public service even in Ottoman period and became an orphanage. In 1920s it became a preventorium and then a Chest Diseases Hospital for children until 1999 when it was taken over by Head Department of National Palaces and restoration works began to open it to public as a museum. The two-storeyed, half-timbered building has a symmetrical plan and neo-classical façade and designed as a hall in the middle with rooms surrounded. Photographs of the pavilion taken during the reign of Sultan Abdülhamid II reveal its rich decoration with gilded furnitures, upholsteries and curtains of Hereke fabrics, Baccarat vases and big crystal chandeliers.There’s a resting pavilion in the garden, known as “Mountain Hamam (ancient Turkish bath)”; its inner walls are covered with oyster shells.

Küçüksu Pavilion

The green area between Goksu and Kucuksu rivers rising .on the slopes of Alemdağ and flowing into Bosphorus near Anadoluhisarı was one of the imperial gardens of sultans and became one of the most favourite promenade in time. Evliya Celebi, the famous traveller of 17th century described Goksu as a “river like adam’s ale” where people used to go boating, a peaceful area surrounded with rose gardens, small mansions and imperial mills. Sultan Murad IV (1623-1640) ordered to landscape Kucuksu and its environs covered with dense cypress trees up to Kandilli and named the area as “Silver Cypress”. The first construction in the imperial garden began during the reign of Sultan Mahmud I (1730-1754). His Grand Vizier Divitdar Emin Mehmed Pasha ordered to built a timber pavilion for Sultan between the years 1751-1752 who used to go there to hunt and target practice. During the reign of Sultan Selim III (1789-1807) this two-storeyed building by the sea side was restored and in 1806 he ordered to built a fountain there for his beloved mother Mihrişah Valide Sultan. The pavilion which was also used during the period of Sultan Mahmud II (1808-1839) was demolished by the order of Sultan Abdülmecid (1839-1861) and Küçüksu Pavilion was built there between the years 1856-1857. Its facade decoration was restored and enriched during the reign of Sultan Abdülaziz (1861-1876). The pavilion which was also one of the most popular places for Atatürk in Republican period was opened to public as a museum in 1996.

Maslak Pavilions

Maslak Pavilions are located at the right of the main street connecting Levent and Ayazaga districts. First buildings on this area are known to be constructed during the reign of Sultan Mahmud II (1808-1839) and it was used as a hunting and resting place by the sultans. Although it cannot be exactly determined when the Maslak Pavilions were constructed and by whom, most parts dates back to the period of Sultan Abdulaziz (1861-1876). Maslak Pavilions which was allocated to Sultan Abdulhamid II (1876-1909) while he was a prince, witnessed to the Sultan’s accession to the Ottoman throne and with this aspect, it is of special importance. Among the Maslak Pavilions, Kasr-ı Hümayun (Imperial Kiosk), Mabeyn-i Hümayun (Imperial Court) and Limonluk (Lemon Mansion), Çadır Kiosk and Paşa Dairesi (General’s Apartment) survived until today. They are located in a coppice embodying all tones of green which is in the middle of a forrest of 170 decares. These buildings which are located at a position with a good view of Bosphorus embracing the Black Sea and in harmony with the outlying flora, are elegant examples of late 19th century Ottoman wooden domestic architecture and ornamentation. Today, Kasr-ı Hümayun has been restored in the light of the documents, memoirs and old photographs and opened to the visits as a museum-palace. Mabeyn-i Hümayun and its annexes Limonluk and Çadır Kiosk and its garden have similarly been handled and restored and transformed into cafeterias where visitors may take a rest. The camellias in the Limonluk, which especially bloom during the winter months, are the oldest examples of their kinds in the city. The gardens of the Maslak Pavilions can be allocated to national or international receptions.

You can follow us from Facebook too..


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder